Adam “Nolly” Getgood drops in to touch on everything from launching his new drum sample company GetGood Drums, to why he stepped down as the touring bassist for Periphery, production and mixing tips, as well as what it takes to network with the top tier world-class professionals out there.
“There’s this curve that happens where when you are first starting out, you don’t know what you’re listening for and being able to hear things in a really controlled environment in an amazingly treated room, allows you to develop your ear to hear the subtleties…what happens once you know what you’re listening to, you start to need less information to be able to do your job…” – Adam “Nolly” Getgood (Periphery, GetGood Drums)
This week, you’ll learn about:
– How classical informs Nolly’s musical perspective
– The countless producers who came up in the forum scene
– Nolly’s transition from touring musician with Periphery to fulltime producer / engineer
– How he delivered amazing mixes working with headphones on a tour bus
– What DAW Nolly prefers these days
– The techniques Nolly uses to get his SLAMMING bass tone ITB
– Why he prefers a Beta57 to the SM57
Thanks for listening!
Sign up to our to discover more!
Nail The Mix is our online mixing school that gives you REAL multi-tracks from REAL bands, plus a mixing class from the producer who recorded it. Past guests include Periphery, Chelsea Grin, Machine Head and State Champs. Join now for instant access!
Leave any questions, comments, or feedback in the comment section below.