We are the world’s best online education platform for rock and metal, with over 7000 paying members across the world and growing.
We are looking for a creative, driven software engineer to help us build the next evolution of our product across both properties that will unlock the future of how people learn to make music, and drive the next phase of growth for our company across all our properties.
The lead software engineer is the general of our technology army. Their job is to show us where we need to go, and take us there by whatever means necessary.
They are responsible for creating our technology roadmap, pulling together the resources to execute it (some combination of doing the work yourself and hiring contractors), and communicating all of the above to the rest of the company.
The ideal candidate has deep expertise in either front or back end, with a strong working knowledge of the entire stack (code base, architecture, design patterns, areas of concern, etc) and the ability to hire and manage specialists/contractors as needed.
This role is 100% remote.
- Experience leading teams through complex, long-term projects with many stakeholders
- React (unless you have a compelling reason for another front end)
- Rails (or another widely understood/supported backend framework eg Django/Express)
- Experience in membership businesses and payment processing
- Experience in mobile apps
- Knowledge of rock/metal music, ideally some home studio experience
Short term responsibilities
- Get up to speed our current stack
- Understand the business model + current business objectives
- Internalize existing user research + community feedback
- Create a vision for our long term technology roadmap with all of the above in mind
Long term responsibilities
- Execute against the roadmap
- Establish and lead the appropriate cadence of meetings with company execs to communicate status, get buy-in on vision, etc
- Build and manage a network of go-to contractors
- Be on deck to handle emergencies
REPORTS TO: Director of operations
Please send resume / cover letter / project links to email@example.com