Grammy winning and multi-platinum selling producer Jacquire King (Kings of Leon, Tom Waits, Mutemath) brings an abundance of incredible insight to this episode.
Want your productions to go multi-platinum? Want to put out Grammy level results? What does that level even look like in today’s music industry? That’s certainly a complicated topic, but it’s one you’re going to want to be informed about, and Jacquire King has been at the top tier long enough that he’s someone you should definitely listen to.
“It’s very important for us to know what things do technically, but never ever assume that because you have technical know how, or you know the way something should work, don’t just assume that it’s working that way.” – Jacquire King
ON THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT:
– Changes to the industry that Jacquire has seen
– His views on analog vs. digital
– Recommendations for audio production education
– Things potential interns should keep in mind
– Jacquire’s gear recommendations
– Why you need to keep basics in mind
– Advice for producers getting started now
– How to overcome hard times
– And much, much more
Thanks for listening!
Sign up to our [cp_modal id=”cp_id_7934d”]mailing list[/cp_modal] to discover more!
Nail The Mix is our online mixing school that gives you REAL multi-tracks from REAL bands, plus a mixing class from the producer who recorded it. Past guests include Periphery, Chelsea Grin, Machine Head and State Champs. Join now for instant access!
Leave any questions, comments, or feedback in the comment section below.