We’ve enlisted John Browne (Monuments, Flux Conduct) to assist us in critiquing your mixes of Meshuggah’s “MonstroCity.”
“I find that if you over-listen to your mix while you’re mixing, you just get used to that sound. So, you have to put it away for a few days and come back to it.” – John Browne
ON THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT:
– The value of mixing a variety of genres
– What happens when you miss the target with the balance in your mix
– Phase nightmares
– Why you need to make sure your kick and snare are solid
– Things to watch out for when handling a plethora of guitar tracks
– Avoiding ending up with a blanket over your mix
– And much, much more
Thanks for listening!
Sign up to our [cp_modal id=”cp_id_7934d”]mailing list[/cp_modal] to discover more!
Nail The Mix is our online mixing school that gives you REAL multi-tracks from REAL bands, plus a mixing class from the producer who recorded it. Past guests include Periphery, Chelsea Grin, Machine Head and State Champs. Join now for instant access!
Leave any questions, comments, or feedback in the comment section below.