We just love hearing about success stories. Can’t get enough. We felt we had to share how far one of our students has come. This month’s #Mixcritmonday, we talk with longtime subscriber Tiago Carvalho and check on his evolution as a producer/mixer.
Tiago gives you a walkthrough of the process he went through to build his studio effectively on a budget. We then talk about how Tiago has gone from a production hopeful to having international clients like Sony beating down his doors.
“S*** going in – s*** going out or gold going in – platinum going out” -Tiago Carvalho
THIS WEEK, YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT:
– Just how crucial the little details matter to the end result
– Tiago’s ability to craft DIY remedies
– Choosing the right Ozone algorithm to avoid clipping
– Cost effective, high quality acoustic treatment
– Ways to ensure your vocals aren’t “stuck in the past”
– What it’s like to work for major labels
– Automating Slate FG-X
Thanks for listening!
Sign up to our to discover more!
Nail The Mix is our online mixing school that gives you REAL multi-tracks from REAL bands, plus a mixing class from the producer who recorded it. Past guests include Periphery, Chelsea Grin, Machine Head and State Champs. Join now for instant access!
Leave any questions, comments, or feedback in the comment section below.