Producer Josh Schroeder talks about what it means to discover and produce an artist’s core artistic message.
It’s easy to get swept up in the technical side of audio production. We all know it. We all geek out over fun things like preamps and and compressors, but are we losing sight of the fact that music is an artform? On this episode Josh Schroeder discusses crafting great sounding songs that have something to say. If you want to make your productions truly connect on a human level, this one’s for you.
“Why are you screaming?” – Josh Schroeder
THIS WEEK, YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT:
– Working with King 810 to craft an artistic statement
– The value of cinematic influence on audio production
– Maintaining a balance between technical and human elements
– Being a trendsetter
– Using the tool that’s best for the song
– How to get peak performance from musicians
– And much, much more
Thanks for listening!
Sign up to our to discover more!
Nail The Mix is our online mixing school that gives you REAL multi-tracks from REAL bands, plus a mixing class from the producer who recorded it. Past guests include Periphery, Chelsea Grin, Machine Head and State Champs. Join now for instant access!
Leave any questions, comments, or feedback in the comment section below.