Danish production legend Tue Madsen shares his experience engineering/mixing the most recent Meshuggah record.
For over 30 years, Tue Madsen has been infusing top of the line metal production with out of the box thinking and creativity. Ever wondered what it was like to record drums in a swimming pool? This is your show. Want to learn what it’s like to record one of the most prolific progressive metal bands of our time live, in a room? This is your show. Curious about the production philosophy and mix approach of one of the most in demand metal producers of all time? This is your show.
“I like people to go home with a little bit more than what they expected.” – Tue Madsen
THIS WEEK, YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT:
– How Tue re-amps kicks, snares and toms
– Why Madsen records drums in an empty pool
– Live recording the latest Meshuggah record
– Compression tricks from Tue Madsen
– Taming the low end on down tuned guitars
– New overhead mics from Sweden that Madsen loves
– Tasteful compressor pumping
– And much, much, more
Thanks for listening!
Sign up to our to discover more!
Nail The Mix is our online mixing school that gives you REAL multi-tracks from REAL bands, plus a mixing class from the producer who recorded it. Past guests include Periphery, Chelsea Grin, Machine Head and State Champs. Join now for instant access!
Leave any questions, comments, or feedback in the comment section below.