Kurt Ballou is here to answer your questions and chew bubble gum, and he’s all out of bubble gum.
Want Kurt to answer your questions? Send them to [email protected] with the subject line “Dear Kurt.” The more detailed the better!
“Whenever people ask me about what gear they should get when they’re putting together a studio, I tell them they really should not skip on their monitors and monitoring environment, because if you can’t hear what’s going on properly then you’ll never make good decisions.” – Kurt Ballou
ON THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT:
– Kurt’s approach to deciding how much input to give when producing
– Switching between engineer and musician hats while recording yourself
– Dealing with phase issues between mics
– Getting aggressive drum room sounds
– Kurt’s essential gear suggestions
– And much, much more
Thanks for listening!
Sign up to our to discover more!
Nail The Mix is our online mixing school that gives you REAL multi-tracks from REAL bands, plus a mixing class from the producer who recorded it. Past guests include Periphery, Chelsea Grin, Machine Head and State Champs. Join now for instant access!
Leave any questions, comments, or feedback in the comment section below.