Jay Maas is back, and he’s got some incredibly important things to say about the art of production that you need to hear.
Jay has an awesome perspective on the craft. If you’re expecting to be told about the newest “magical” gear that will solve your problems, we’ve got some bad news for you. But if you actually want to be a great producer you should listen to what Jay has to say.
“The stuff that matters is: are you an artist? Are you committed to making something special at any cost?” – Jay Maas
ON THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT:
– Developing while working under an established producer
– Intern goals
– Going where the clients are
– The importance of interpersonal and artistic elements of production
– How touring experience can help with recording in different locales
– Why gear isn’t all that
– Being open to life experiences
– And much, much more
Thanks for listening!
Sign up to our to discover more!
Nail The Mix is our online mixing school that gives you REAL multi-tracks from REAL bands, plus a mixing class from the producer who recorded it. Past guests include Periphery, Chelsea Grin, Machine Head and State Champs. Join now for instant access!
Leave any questions, comments, or feedback in the comment section below.