Vocal production that sounds amazing requires you navigate the intersection of composition, physical performance, gear selection, and creative coaching with your A-game the entire time!
That’s why we devoted two podcast episodes to vocal production and mixing. This one is jam packed with info!
“If the vocal sucks on the record you might as well trash the entire thing” – Joel Wanasek
What you’ll learn in part 1:
- Acoustic treatment for vocal recording
- How to fix badly recorded vocals
- AT4040 vs SM7B
- Time aligning vocals by hand
- Using Revoice Pro
- Autotune tips
- Outboard compressors like Shadow Hills and Distressors
- Condenser vs dynamic microphones
- How to save money on high dollar microphones
Thanks for listening!
Sign up to our to discover more!
Nail The Mix is our online mixing school that gives you REAL multi-tracks from REAL bands, plus a mixing class from the producer who recorded it. Past guests include Periphery, Chelsea Grin, Machine Head and State Champs. Join now for instant access!
Leave any questions, comments, or feedback in the comment section below.