On this #Mixcritmonday episode we’re checking out three subscriber mixes of Gojira’s Toxic Garbage Island.
It’s gut check time, guys. How are your mixes coming along? Are they sounding godly yet? Are you not quite sure? Listen to this episode for some guidance on how to get into top 20 territory.
“Do you prefer to have an all natural mix that nobody hears because it wasn’t picked or one that has samples in it that people hear?” – Eyal Levi
THIS WEEK, YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT:
– The elements that make Logan Mader’s mix a reference quality mix
– Making sure your ambiances match
– Why you need to make sure you’re not piling on too many plugins
– Not getting stuck in the guitar tunnel
– Being realistic about the natural drums vs. sample debate
– Insight into what it takes to make a top 20 mix
– And much, much more
Thanks for listening!
Sign up to our to discover more!
Nail The Mix is our online mixing school that gives you REAL multi-tracks from REAL bands, plus a mixing class from the producer who recorded it. Past guests include Periphery, Chelsea Grin, Machine Head and State Champs. Join now for instant access!
Leave any questions, comments, or feedback in the comment section below.