“I’m always trying to up my game.” -Ola Englund
In the modern music industry musicians and engineers must learn to wear multiple hats in order to succeed. You might have to balance your time as a guitarist, songwriter, mixer, videographer, and blogger just to make ends meet. That’s the new normal.
In this episode Ola Englund (The Haunted, Feared, Ex-Six Feet Under) talks about his guitar playing, techniques, studio experience, and how he accomplished a breakout success with his YouTube channel.
“If you make good content, the infrastructure is there for you to get your name out.” – Ola Englund
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- Tips for developing your ears
- How to dial amp sims for consistency
- Ola’s sweet spot for micing cabs
- The importance of video in an oversaturated market
- How Ola Englund started in YouTube
- OE’s stance on cheaper series guitars vs small company boutiques.
- Ola’s practice/warm-up routine or lack thereof
Thanks for listening!
Sign up to our [cp_modal id=”cp_id_7934d”]mailing list[/cp_modal] to discover more!
Nail The Mix is our online mixing school that gives you REAL multi-tracks from REAL bands, plus a mixing class from the producer who recorded it. Past guests include Periphery, Chelsea Grin, Machine Head and State Champs. Join now for instant access!
Leave any questions, comments, or feedback in the comment section below.