Bill Hudson (Trans-Siberian Orchestra) is on this episode with real talk about overcoming alcoholism (and living in Nebraska) to achieve a long running, successful career that he’s passionate about.
Bill has gone from being a bedroom shredder in Brazil to making his way to the U.S. to grinding it out in bands and almost sabotaging himself with drinking to playing in one of the biggest institutions in metal. His story is amazing, and there’s lessons to be learned from every step he took along the way.
“Generally, none of these great opportunities come out of nowhere. They’re usually a result of a couple years or more of knowing people and working with them on smaller things and developing relationships until the bigger thing happens.” – Eyal Levi
ON THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT:
– Bill’s experience growing up as a shredder in training in Brazil
– Why you shouldn’t just hop on popular trends
– The potential for alcoholism to damage careers
– The opportunities that presented themselves when Bill started taking care of himself
– How building relationships over time led to him becoming part of TSO
– And much, much more
Thanks for listening!
Sign up to our to discover more!
Nail The Mix is our online mixing school that gives you REAL multi-tracks from REAL bands, plus a mixing class from the producer who recorded it. Past guests include Periphery, Chelsea Grin, Machine Head and State Champs. Join now for instant access!
Leave any questions, comments, or feedback in the comment section below.