Welcome to #MasteringCritMonday, the show where we critique YOUR mastering.
Prolific mastering engineer, Maor Appelbaum stopped by to help us critique some listener submitted mastering work.
In this episode you’ll learn about:
- Nice and loud vs fatiguing to listen to
- What to submit to a mastering engineer
- Adding low end without destroying the track
- When to apply a heavy handed mastering approach
- Maor’s favorite outboard gear
- Adding treble without harshness
- Mastering for vinyl
Want us to crit your mix? Click here to find out how!
Thanks for listening!
Sign up to our to discover more!
Nail The Mix is our online mixing school that gives you REAL multi-tracks from REAL bands, plus a mixing class from the producer who recorded it. Past guests include Periphery, Chelsea Grin, Machine Head and State Champs. Join now for instant access!
Leave any questions, comments, or feedback in the comment section below.