Best known for being the guitarist of Periphery, Misha Mansoor is also a successful entrepreneur and known in the industry for his killer business sense. He joins us to touch on all of the above, shining a light on the importance of doing what you love, doing it well, and using your knowledge as a tool and a weapon.
This episode is packed with solid info about a variety of topics: creativity, business advice, nerdy gear talk, and even personal skills.
“If we’re going to do a deal, let’s do it right.” – Misha Mansoor
THIS WEEK, YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT:
– Creating music because you want to, rather than succumbing to guilt
– How Periphery navigated getting signed to a label
– Misha’s approach to becoming involved in Horizon Devices
– His tips for writing and recording midi instrument parts
– Why Misha doesn’t practice guitar
– Periphery’s live in ear setup
– The guitar tone on Periphery 3, and pedals he keeps coming back to
– And much, much more
Thanks for listening!
Sign up to our to discover more!
Nail The Mix is our online mixing school that gives you REAL multi-tracks from REAL bands, plus a mixing class from the producer who recorded it. Past guests include Periphery, Chelsea Grin, Machine Head and State Champs. Join now for instant access!
Leave any questions, comments, or feedback in the comment section below.