Dan Tsurif of Mercenary Management knows what it takes to be successful in the music business, and he’s here to share his expertise.
This episode is really a twofer. Not only do we have Dan Tsurif on board, but Finn McKenty is also back to help co-host. Want to make a living in the music industry? Want to know what your act needs to focus on at each stage of its growth? What NOT to do when approaching record labels? Listen up; we’re going to tell you.
“Everything we’ve ever put out sounds awesome, why are you sending me something that sounds like it was recorded in a toilet?” – Dan Tsurif
THIS WEEK, YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT:
– The importance of diversifying your income as an artist
– Why marketing won’t mean a thing if you don’t value your craft
– Dan’s stance on when you really want to get a manager
– Finn’s 3 part formula for becoming involved in a business venture
– Pitfalls for up and coming bands
– How to approach (and not approach) record labels and media outlets
– And much, much more
Thanks for listening!
Sign up to our to discover more!
Nail The Mix is our online mixing school that gives you REAL multi-tracks from REAL bands, plus a mixing class from the producer who recorded it. Past guests include Periphery, Chelsea Grin, Machine Head and State Champs. Join now for instant access!
Leave any questions, comments, or feedback in the comment section below.