On this episode of the podcast, Jens Bogren joins us to discuss his experiences as a producer, from working with bands (Opeth, Katatonia, etc) to his practices for finding the right gear/sound for a mix when working on a project.
Get the chance to listen to a highly revered producer discuss some of his tricks of the trade. Check out what Jens has to say about go to microphones for capturing heavy vocals in different situations. You will understand why Bogren implements up to four SM57’s, amongst a handful of other mics to capture his tone.
“Run! Work really hard, and dump your girlfriend!” – Jens Bogren
THIS WEEK, YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT:
– Working hard and frequently at becoming a better producer
– Acquiring the right gear/workflow to minimize steps required to get a good sound
– Using early pro bono work that sounds great for starting your portfolio
– Jens’ technique for mixing snare drums
– Where Bogren searches for nerdy audio information
– And much, much more
Thanks for listening!
Sign up to our [cp_modal id=”cp_id_7934d”]mailing list[/cp_modal] to discover more!
Nail The Mix is our online mixing school that gives you REAL multi-tracks from REAL bands, plus a mixing class from the producer who recorded it. Past guests include Periphery, Chelsea Grin, Machine Head and State Champs. Join now for instant access!
Leave any questions, comments, or feedback in the comment section below.