Producer Taylor Larson joins us for his first recorded interview ever! You guys asked for Taylor, and we delivered.
You will discover the methods Taylor uses to achieve great drum tones, covering mic preference, preamps, drum heads, and special techniques he uses per element of the kit. Larson also reveals his favorite preamps and compressors that help him reach that 3D sound in his mixes, as well as first choices for guitar and bass production.
“I have learned the fastest in the past couple years by being wrong at everything” – Taylor Larson
THIS WEEK, YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT:
– What Taylor Larson looks for in guitar tones
– How Taylor captures explosive, three dimensional sounding drum tones.
– Insight on his workflow and tracking process
– What Taylor does and doesn’t compress
– His favorite preamps and microphone choices for drums
– Secrets to getting a huge snare sound
Thanks for listening!
Sign up to our to discover more!
Nail The Mix is our online mixing school that gives you REAL multi-tracks from REAL bands, plus a mixing class from the producer who recorded it. Past guests include Periphery, Chelsea Grin, Machine Head and State Champs. Join now for instant access!
Leave any questions, comments, or feedback in the comment section below.