Welcome to MixCritMonday, the show where we critique YOUR mixes.
First on the MixCritMonday chopping block is our longtime subscriber, Jenson Manning (we love you dude).
We took him to school on:
- Bass VIs like Texas Grind
- Multiband compression
- Getting the low end of the kick balanced right
- The dangers of mixing in headphones (and how to make the most of it)
- Different mastering chains including plugins like Izotope Ozone and Slate Digital FG-X
- Getting the right snare sound
- Blending vocals
- The difference between real monitors and computer speakers
Want us to crit your mix? Click here to find out how!
Thanks for listening!
Sign up to our [cp_modal id=”cp_id_7934d”]mailing list[/cp_modal] to discover more!
Nail The Mix is our online mixing school that gives you REAL multi-tracks from REAL bands, plus a mixing class from the producer who recorded it. Past guests include Periphery, Chelsea Grin, Machine Head and State Champs. Join now for instant access!
Leave any questions, comments, or feedback in the comment section below.