This month’s Tips & Tricks episode is a special drum recording edition where the guys talk about different approaches Eyal Levi uses for drum miking, drum recording, and mixing.
To get 20% off of Eyal Levi’s Drumforge Expansion pack just go to drumforge.com/ele and use code URMELE20 at checkout.
“A lot of little moves make one big result” – Joey Sturgis
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT:
- Low end kick automation
- Eyal Levi’s most hated “garbage” frequencies
- A really cool SM7B position on snare
- Why Eyal Levi prefers a D6 on toms
- The importance of proper drum tuning
- How to get punchy and aggressive kicks with a Distressor
Thanks for listening!
Sign up to our to discover more!
Nail The Mix is our online mixing school that gives you REAL multi-tracks from REAL bands, plus a mixing class from the producer who recorded it. Past guests include Periphery, Chelsea Grin, Machine Head and State Champs. Join now for instant access!
Leave any questions, comments, or feedback in the comment section below.