Guitar virtuoso, Per Nillson (Scar Symmetry, Kaipa, Zonaria) joins the show to discuss how to write and record great guitar solos.
“The way that you know that you know a piece is that you can imagine yourself playing it from beginning to end.” – Eyal Levi
IN THIS EPISODE:
- How much Per Nillson practices
- Should you really autotune that guitar track?
- Is it more important to practice or to immerse yourself in music?
- The advantages of true temperament frets and evertune bridges
- What to do with uninspired guitar players
- A great trick for consistently upping your guitar game
- How to actually become as good as your influences
- Why you shouldn’t focus on the response of others on videos
Thanks for listening!
Sign up to our to discover more!
Nail The Mix is our online mixing school that gives you REAL multi-tracks from REAL bands, plus a mixing class from the producer who recorded it. Past guests include Periphery, Chelsea Grin, Machine Head and State Champs. Join now for instant access!
Leave any questions, comments, or feedback in the comment section below.