We spoke to Grammy winning producer, Diego Farias of Volumes.
Diego Farias is an accomplished musician and producer. Not only has he been integral in productions for Volumes, but he’s also worked on a number of productions in various genres. A lot of people would have trouble keeping their head on straight with all that work; Diego has plenty of insight into how to effectively manage it.
“No one can hand you talent.” – Diego Farias
THIS WEEK, YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT:
– Diego and Eyal’s approaches to amp modelers
– Succeeding as a producer in multiple genres
– How and why Volumes ended up working with Kyle Black
– The difficulties of mixing metal
– Diego’s approach to producing hip hop
– Software synth recommendations
– How to maintain good relations with artists when composing for them
– And much, much more
Thanks for listening!
Sign up to our [cp_modal id=”cp_id_7934d”]mailing list[/cp_modal] to discover more!
Nail The Mix is our online mixing school that gives you REAL multi-tracks from REAL bands, plus a mixing class from the producer who recorded it. Past guests include Periphery, Chelsea Grin, Machine Head and State Champs. Join now for instant access!
Leave any questions, comments, or feedback in the comment section below.