Welcome to #Mixcritmonday, the show where we critique YOUR mixes.
On this episode Joel’s flying solo and going over three mix submissions of “Fragments” by Jason Richardson for this month’s Nail the Mix.
“A buss compressor can be the glue… it can also be your worst enemy.” – Joel Wanasek
THIS WEEK, YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT:
– The importance of being able to take criticism
– Getting drum levels dialed in
– Keeping the needs of the song in mind
– Not overdoing EQ
– Making sure you get your compression settings right
– Why the midrange of your mixes needs to be spot on
– And much, much more
Thanks for listening!
Sign up to our [cp_modal id=”cp_id_7934d”]mailing list[/cp_modal] to discover more!
Nail The Mix is our online mixing school that gives you REAL multi-tracks from REAL bands, plus a mixing class from the producer who recorded it. Past guests include Periphery, Chelsea Grin, Machine Head and State Champs. Join now for instant access!
Leave any questions, comments, or feedback in the comment section below.