Guitar mastermind and Nail the Mix winner Andy James stops in for a great discussion about his progression in mixing.
Andy dishes about what he zeroed in on for his Nail the Mix win. The same focus that Andy used to become a guitar god, and then a successful internet entrepreneur, he used to learn how to mix. If you’ve ever felt discouraged from taking on new endeavors, this episode is for you.
“If you’re doing the things that made money in 2005 or 1995 you might think that there’s no money; you need to figure out what makes money in 2016 and 2017.” – Eyal Levi
THIS WEEK, YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT:
– The things that Andy focused on for his Nail the Mix win
– How to stand out when it comes to guitar
– Setting crazy goals, and making them reality
– How listening to different genres can improve your songwriting
– Effectively mixing when you’re coming from a musician background
– The ever present importance of effective networking
– And much, much more
Thanks for listening!
Sign up to our to discover more!
Nail The Mix is our online mixing school that gives you REAL multi-tracks from REAL bands, plus a mixing class from the producer who recorded it. Past guests include Periphery, Chelsea Grin, Machine Head and State Champs. Join now for instant access!
Leave any questions, comments, or feedback in the comment section below.