Audio renaissance man Bob Marlette takes the hot seat with us for a remarkable hour of philosophy, gear porn, writing soundtracks for major motion pictures, and how he’s remained relevant and on top for over 30 years.
Bob Marlette shares the simple, but incredibly powerful mindsets that have helped him stay in the game. Whether it’s knowing when to pounce on opportunity, or embracing new technology, he’s figured it out. If you’re in it to win it, this episode is for you.
“Say yes and figure it out.” – Bob Marlette
THIS WEEK, YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT:
– What it’s like to work with legends like Alice Cooper, Toni Iommi, Brian May, and Rob Zombie
– Bob’s adventures in the Hollywood soundtrack realm
– How to make your mark on multiple musical disciplines and genres
– Making a technological evolutionary jump when the tool is pivotal
– How to spot and exploit opportunities
– Bob’s favorite gear
– The future of mixing
– The “dumbing down” of music, and how to combat it
– Why Bob Marlette is not into tape
Thanks for listening!
Sign up to our to discover more!
Nail The Mix is our online mixing school that gives you REAL multi-tracks from REAL bands, plus a mixing class from the producer who recorded it. Past guests include Periphery, Chelsea Grin, Machine Head and State Champs. Join now for instant access!
Leave any questions, comments, or feedback in the comment section below.