Producer, engineer and mixer, Alex Prieto, hangs out for a session of 20 questions, spanning project acquisition, mastering, buying useful gear upgrades, and the benefits/woes of interning.
In addition to being a killer producer himself, Alex has also worked with legendary producers such as Susan Rogers, David Bendeth, Dan Korneff, Alex Newport, and Kato Khandwala. So, he’s seen it all, and thankfully for us all he’s happy to share his expertise.
“Having one good pre for vocals and then monitoring. I think if you know what you’re listening to, you can do more damage than having a room packed full of gear.” – Alex Prieto
ON THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT:
– How Joey, Eyal, and Alex built their client rosters
– Alex’s thoughts on what gear to prioritize in adding to your setup
– The importance of delivering outstanding service to increase returning artists
– Referencing tracks in a lossless format inside your DAW to accurately portray mixes
– Which amp sims Alex prefers
– And much, much much more
Thanks for listening!
Sign up to our to discover more!
Nail The Mix is our online mixing school that gives you REAL multi-tracks from REAL bands, plus a mixing class from the producer who recorded it. Past guests include Periphery, Chelsea Grin, Machine Head and State Champs. Join now for instant access!
Leave any questions, comments, or feedback in the comment section below.