Acclaimed songwriter and producer Drew Fulk (Motionless In White, Escape The Fate, We Came As Romans) joins us to discuss songwriting, his methods for co-writing with bands, and how he became the in demand writer he is today.
Writing great songs isn’t simple. Things gets even more complicated if you’re a producer co-writing with a band. Everyone has the same goal of creating a great end result, but will you have the tools to make the process go smoothly? Listening to what Drew Fulk has to say is a good start.
“The less changes you have, the more cohesive the song will sound to the listener.” – Drew Fulk
THIS WEEK, YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT:
– The various forms that co-writing with bands can take
– Networking, networking, networking, and not overselling yourself
– Maximizing your creative output
– Tips for transitions and outros
– Drew’s opinion on what makes a great song
– How to refine initial ideas into finished songs
– The legalities involved in co-writing
– And much, much more
Thanks for listening!
Sign up to our [cp_modal id=”cp_id_7934d”]mailing list[/cp_modal] to discover more!
Nail The Mix is our online mixing school that gives you REAL multi-tracks from REAL bands, plus a mixing class from the producer who recorded it. Past guests include Periphery, Chelsea Grin, Machine Head and State Champs. Join now for instant access!
Leave any questions, comments, or feedback in the comment section below.