Production powerhouse Kane Churko (Ozzy Osbourne, Papa Roach, In This Moment) talks about the process of writing chart topping hits.
For a producer, songwriting can be one of the most artistically and financially rewarding skills they can acquire. Kane Churko has written songs for various standout artists and delves into how to navigate that process.
“Some people in life are starters, and some people are finishers” – Kane Churko
THIS WEEK, YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT:
– How to wear multiple hats in the studio
– The things that Kane feels make a great song
– The value of deadlines
– The importance of music theory
– How arrangement factors into the songwriting process
– How legality comes into play for producers with a hand in writing
– How not to end a song
– And much, much more
Thanks for listening!
Sign up to our to discover more!
Nail The Mix is our online mixing school that gives you REAL multi-tracks from REAL bands, plus a mixing class from the producer who recorded it. Past guests include Periphery, Chelsea Grin, Machine Head and State Champs. Join now for instant access!
Leave any questions, comments, or feedback in the comment section below.