Extreme metal production master Dave Otero joins us to discuss his prolific audio journey.
For over 15 years, Dave Otero has put his stamp on tons of seminal extreme productions (Cephalic Carnage, Cattle Decapitation, etc.). Dave’s story is a perfect example of how to dominate in a specific niche. You don’t just need to work on pop and country in order to have an amazing production career.
“What are you waiting for? Start doing it!” – Dave Otero
THIS WEEK, YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT:
– Investing in yourself
– Maintaining a fresh perspective with new clients
– Dave Otero’s Method for producing heavy rhythm guitar
– How to get blast beat production right
– Recognizing a musician’s strengths
– Micing up natural kicks to use in extreme metal productions
– When you’ve gotten the the right drum take
– When to retrack, and when to leave things as they are
– And much, much more
Thanks for listening!
Sign up to our mailing list
to discover more!
Nail The Mix is our online mixing school that gives you REAL multi-tracks from REAL bands, plus a mixing class from the producer who recorded it. Past guests include Periphery, Chelsea Grin, Machine Head and State Champs. Join now for instant access!
Leave any questions, comments, or feedback in the comment section below.