Welcome to #Mixcritmonday, the show where we critique YOUR mixes.
These mixes pose some interesting challenges (and they’re not metalcore. Get us those unique mixes, guys). There’s tons of great info here, especially if you’re trying to solidify your vocal mixing.
“You gotta be on the same page to make relationships work.” – Joey Sturgis
THIS WEEK, YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT:
– The importance of establishing relationships with clients
– Recognizing the difference between what a client says they want and what they actually want
– A quick trick for de-essing
– Making sure timing and editing inconsistencies don’t throw off a whole mix
– Tuning vocals with a lot of vibrato
– Making sure that your bass tracks are solid
– How the quality of equipment like microphones factors into your end product
– And much, much more
Thanks for listening!
Sign up to our [cp_modal id=”cp_id_7934d”]mailing list[/cp_modal] to discover more!
Nail The Mix is our online mixing school that gives you REAL multi-tracks from REAL bands, plus a mixing class from the producer who recorded it. Past guests include Periphery, Chelsea Grin, Machine Head and State Champs. Join now for instant access!
Leave any questions, comments, or feedback in the comment section below.