Welcome to MixCritMonday, the show where we critique YOUR mixes.
This month we discuss common pitfalls in guitar production and mixing.
“Pay attention to what you think you’re hearing versus what you are actually hearing.” – Eyal Levi
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- Cutting out harshness without dulling the guitars
- Where to locate harshness in guitars
- How much distortion is TOO much distortion
- The difference between compressing and limiting guitars
- Proper palm muting technique
Want us to crit your mix? Click here to find out how!
Thanks for listening!
Sign up to our to discover more!
Nail The Mix is our online mixing school that gives you REAL multi-tracks from REAL bands, plus a mixing class from the producer who recorded it. Past guests include Periphery, Chelsea Grin, Machine Head and State Champs. Join now for instant access!
Leave any questions, comments, or feedback in the comment section below.