Nick Pilotta (URM Academy, The Wade Studio) is on the show to make sure you don’t end up the subject of just another intern horror story.
Whether we’re talking the audio industry or not, there are opportunities out there being left on the table by people that aren’t willing or capable of grabbing them. If you know your shit and you’re not a punisher, then having a willingness to put in the time can pay off in dividends. Nick is definitely a prime example of how you can turn an internship into a career that could last you a lifetime.
“You have to make your own opportunity, or else nothing will really come.” – Nick Pilotta
ON THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT:
– How to show, through internship work, that you’re someone worth paying
– Getting the most out of the intern experience
– Dealing with stigma related to coming out of a music school
– How Nick got to the point of working with URM and Andrew Wade
– Time management while building your career
– Getting through moments when success feels impossible
– And much, much more
Thanks for listening!
Sign up to our [cp_modal id=”cp_id_7934d”]mailing list[/cp_modal] to discover more!
Nail The Mix is our online mixing school that gives you REAL multi-tracks from REAL bands, plus a mixing class from the producer who recorded it. Past guests include Periphery, Chelsea Grin, Machine Head and State Champs. Join now for instant access!
Leave any questions, comments, or feedback in the comment section below.