Jacob Hansen has a list a mile long of stellar productions. Volbeat, Epica, Amaranthe, Aborted, the list goes on and on, so, needless to say, we’re stoked to have him here to talk shop.
Alright studio nerds, this one’s for you. Jacob Hansen’s technical genius is on full display in this episode. From drums to vocals, the better your production practices are, the easier it will be to create a slamming mix. We’ve got techniques and insights here that cover the entire spectrum of modern heavy music production.
“Vocals are what will make the difference on whether or not the record is a success or failure..so to not treat them like gold is kind of dumb.” – Eyal Levi
ON THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT:
– How to maintain your drive while grinding it out in the studio
– Knowing when to contribute to songwriting vs. when to let a band do their thing
– The secrets to Jacob’s amazing vocal results
– Getting technically sound drum recordings
– Tips for producing female vocals
– When to hire in studio help
– Incorporating orchestral elements into productions
– And much, much more
Thanks for listening!
Sign up to our [cp_modal id=”cp_id_7934d”]mailing list[/cp_modal] to discover more!
Nail The Mix is our online mixing school that gives you REAL multi-tracks from REAL bands, plus a mixing class from the producer who recorded it. Past guests include Periphery, Chelsea Grin, Machine Head and State Champs. Join now for instant access!
Leave any questions, comments, or feedback in the comment section below.