We spoke with music licensing expert Eric LaBrosse about the ins and outs of this little known, but highly profitable process.
It’s important to diversify your music income if you want to succeed. One revenue stream that many bands ignore is licensing. Eric LaBrosse has some news for you; if you’re not considering licensing, you’re just leaving money on the table. Money that could be used to fund your music habit.
“You can call WWE and say ‘Hey, do you want to use my song?’ Usually that doesn’t work out so hot.” – Eric LaBrosse
THIS WEEK, YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT:
– How even local bands can finance their productions with licensing earnings
– What you should do to get your music licensed
– The ins and outs of how licensing works
– What makes a song licensable
– Things you should avoid when trying to get your music licensed
– And much, much more
Thanks for listening!
Sign up to our to discover more!
Nail The Mix is our online mixing school that gives you REAL multi-tracks from REAL bands, plus a mixing class from the producer who recorded it. Past guests include Periphery, Chelsea Grin, Machine Head and State Champs. Join now for instant access!
Leave any questions, comments, or feedback in the comment section below.